This study investigated appropriate indicators using the trapezoidal fuzzy number method, and constructed an evaluation index system for water resources comprehensive utilization efficiency (WRCUE). A WRCUE evaluation model is applied to the areas in the Yellow River Basin in China using a genetic projection pursuit method. Results show that WRCUE is well developed in Shanxi, Shandong, and Henan provinces, moderately developed in Shanxi, Inner Mongolia, and Sichuan provinces, and poorly developed in the Ningxia Autonomous Region, Gansu Province, and Qinghai Province. According to the capacities of provinces, related measures are proposed.
- evaluation index system
- projection pursuit method
- trapezoidal fuzzy number method
- water resources comprehensive utilization efficiency
- Yellow River Basin
- First received 2 October 2015.
- Accepted in revised form 30 March 2016.
- © IWA Publishing 2016